I was asked to do some top 5’s. I apologize if I didn’t pick ones that you submitted. Some, I didn’t have answers to. Some I didn’t have a top 5, like top 5 tourist things I still do as a local. I’m a boring kind of guy. I work and spend time with family and friends. I like listening to bands on Fremont and I still like the Bellagio Fountains and driving up the strip but that is about it.
So if you have any other suggestions I will try my best.
Top 5 Restaurants that tourists might not know about.
- Le Pho – Some of my favorites are the Ribeye Pho, House Special Bahn Mi and Oxtail Bone Marrow Fried Rice. The prices are reasonable and the food is awesome.
- Therapy – Favorites are Chicken and Red Velvet Waffle Slider. The Ricky Ricardo and the Roasted Chicken with Roasted Corn and Pearl Onions. Simply amazing.
- The Cracked Egg – I never knew how good breakfast could be until I ate here. The Chile Verde Rancheros, Benedict Ole and the Homemade Corned Beef Hash are fantastic.
- Marche Bacchus – A little more expensive than the other entries on the list but well worth it. Red Wine Braised Beef, Veal Medallions and PEI Mussels make my mouth water just thinking about them.
- The Oyster Bar @ Texas Station – My only entry that is in a casino. I know there are a lot of Oyster Bars in Vegas but this one has amazing food and some of the best staff I have ever encountered. Favorite dishes are the Cioppino, Bouillabaisse and the Signature Pan Roast
There are a couple that I thought about putting in but I think Hot and Juicy Crawfish is getting more well known and so is Nacho Daddy and Lotus of Siam. These are right up there if you aren’t familiar with them.
Top 5 Casino Restaurants
Note that these are restaurants that I have eaten at.
- Lemongrass – Not only is the food great but I don’t think I have ever experienced better service.
- Border Grill – What I wrote about Lemongrass is pretty much the same here. They really know how to treat a person.
- Bouchon – I have never had better fish anywhere and I am a tough critic of fish.
- Zeffirino – Best pasta I have had and the veal was amazing.
- Tender Steak – I am a huge fan of trying new things and I have been able to enjoy wild boar, elk and other game meats here. Also the first place I tried fois gras.
My number one all time restaurant recently closed and that was Andre’s at Monte Carlo. I am definitely going to try Alize at the Palms his other restaurant or his bistro in Summerlin.
I hope you enjoyed the list. More to come in future weeks.